Monday, July 9, 2012

Look What I Found Over The Back Fence....

Last week I happened to look over my back fence & spot this little guy at the bottom of a tree.  I ran back into the house & grabbed my camera but by the time I'd made it out to the park he was up this Eucalyptus tree.  He stayed there for about five minutes for a chat (I did the chatting) before climbing further up.  We are lucky enough to back onto a nature reserve so it's lovely to sit out the back & hear the native birds of a morning.

This past week I have been sewing up a storm for the BrisStyle Market on this Saturday at Hamilton at St Augustines Church.  This is one of the bags I have just finished.  I'm using recycled hessian & old coffee bags & finishing them off with vintage & antique laces etc, this one is embellished with a removable tulle & silk flower with a bit of bling in the middle and it has calico ruffles.
Have a great week everyone, my sewing machine is calling!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh very pretty Joolz! Well done. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag. How great to have the park at your back door.
    Good luck for the weekend.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Koala bear is adorable! I'm glad I didn't toss out my small bit of burlap as it seems I am seeing it used everywhere on French style bags! Added with the ruffles your bag looks quite elegant. Now I am going to have to think up what to use my burlap/gunny sack fabric for. Thank you for coming over to follow my blog.
    hugs,
    ; )
    Teresa in California
    http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa,
    Lovely to hear from you! Yes the burlap/hessian is really popular at the moment. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

    Joolz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a cute koala! You are very lucky :)
    I'm not in Brisbane and will not visit this market, but hope to see you next time! Bag is adorable!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving comments!