Friday, August 24, 2012

Finally Finished Cute Dog & New Market

Hi everyone hope you've all had a fantastic week!  Meet Lilly my new li'l pug dog.  She's created from an old jacket.  Just have to grubby her up a bit & then I'll take her to my new market tomorrow.  For everyone living in Brisbane it's called the Suitcase Rummage Home Festival.  It's on at Raymond Park, Kangaroo Point (behind the Pineapple Hotel).  It's supposed to be selling like Grandma did, out of a suitcase, no tables or gazebos allowed & definitely no mass produced products, all handmade, recycled etc as well as some vintage goodies.

It's on from 11am till 4pm.  If you come please come & say hello, would love to meet you!

For everyone else have a great weekend.
Julie x

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I hope the market goes well for you :) Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little dog is a heart stopper. This new market sounds a great idea. It will be interesting to see how people set up their selling.
    hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I'll try to be there tomorrow :) Your dog is sooo cute!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Joolz, Glad you liked my flea market post - getting to both Flea markets is easy with the metro. dont be afraid, and follow the crowds to the market after you get off the tram thingy.

    Iloved Porte de vanves the best and found the prices to vary considerbaly depending on the mood of the stall holder and the day. it really helped to be polite, say Bonjour madam, and to stand there for a while with your partner discussing the item... the price dropped when we both really appreciated the stuff and spent a while at the stall.

    Clingancourt was super expensive, more hard ball and by 11am you were beseiged by heavy pressing sellers of fake everything... go early!

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for all that info! I loved reading your post! I love the old bear you bought! I think I may have to look at shipping charges as I'm sure I'll end up buying more than my 20kgs!! I guess I can always ditch the clothes at the end of the trip lol!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving comments!